Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Stranded in the Desert......
Today was plain awful. I needed 10 miles easy, so I went with Ash to run her time trial on the track. After our mile interval and WU and Cd, I needed 7 more miles. So, I thought i would run the long way home from the track, doing a wide, 7 mile loop on a road called "Shady Grove". Hilarious enough, no shade to be had. I had no idea at the time that the heat index was 105! I was cooked, by the time I had 2 miles to go, I was already burnt and exhausted. I had no choice but to continue, stopping now and then to rest in the shade. I survived, fortunately, but had a pace north of 7:30 a mile. I was just glad there was a pool waiting on me when i finished!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment