Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I've taken off almost all of December with my fire related ankle injury and have just tried to enjoy the holiday season. On Christmas day, I went out for a 6.5 mile run in Harrisburg, PA. It was a rude awakening for my lungs and legs( 6:30 pace), but it was nice to get out. I also went out the day after for a 5 mile easy run with Steve.

On New Year's day, to kick off the new running season, I went out with Ash and G and we did a relaxed 2 miles through the ice and snow. My goal race for the spring is the Brooklyn Half marathon in Late May. i am forgoing a spring marathon and instead focusing on my half marathon time. Last year's Staten Island Half (1:14:38, a PR and 3rd place out of 5,000 people) was inspiring and has lead me to push myself more at this distance. Plus, i can run more than 2 halfs a year without beating myself up.

So, it's a new year, a new season, and i hope for some new successes!

No comments:

My most recent run