Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last day of Freedom......back to school

My last day of freedom, I went out to run in the park for the first time since the marathon. Fresh memories of that rough race came flooding back. 2:57 was a terrible time for me and a dissappoining finish to a hard triained and promising season. 3 weeks prior i blasted my Half marathon PR by a minute! I still struggle with what went wrong, although i know the main reason: racing flats with 400+ mile son them. I had forgotten how much i used them, and they gave out about mile 10.

Well, thats in the past but not forgotten, I will race the marathon again, and it will be with better results. The take away from teh race was sharing it with Ash and getting to stop and see Gabriel twice on the race course. Those are memories i will alwasy treasure!!

So, i ran 6 miles in 37:30ish, a 6:15 pace, yeah I know, I was a little excited. The next few weeks I am just getting used to running again.

No comments:

My most recent run