So, I've been taking it easy after the marathon and the 5K cross country race, with prospects of racing in December. Unfortunatley, I will be forced to take it easy for the next month. I will preface this by saying that everything is fine and minimal damage was done, and we were never in danger, but there was a fire in our building yesterday. Thankfully, Ashley and Gabriel were at the grocery store when it happened on the 2nd floor (we're 4 floors above). The fire department was quickly on the scene to contain it to just the 2nd floor and minimize the damage. Our building just smells like a campfire now.
So why am I taking it easy? Ash called me at school on the school phone( what a day to not have my phone) and told me what had happened. I imiidetaly got a freind to cover my class and I ran out of there. I tore down 4 flights of stairs as quickly as possible, and in the process misstepped. Right above the 1st floor, i turned over my left ankle (my bad ankle) and completely wiped out. I'm sure security video is friggin hilarious.
So, i am limping around on a bad ankle right now and I see no need to race in December. I'm gonna hit the bike, maybe some strength training, and a little running. I'll be back on my feet soon. See you in January!
No comments:
Post a Comment