Friday, September 17, 2010

At long last, not a shut out

My first run of the week comes on Friday night, after no sleep and hard work all week, I forced myself to run at about 8:45 tonight. Since we will be gone for the day tomorrow, I tried to get in my long run of 20 miles tonight. It was a test of will power, with (3) 6 mile laps, plus a 2 mile lap around the bridle path. I really didn't see how I would finish, I really was just shooting to maybe survive 10 and call it a night. My motivation was my lamb burger waiting for me and the ice cream and cookie that would follow that. I struggled to start, and actualy by 3 miles, i was so dizzy i had to stop and sit down. It was not looking good for me.

I had no choice but at least to complete the lap and get 6 miles, no matter how slow. By the time I came around to the end of lap 1, i convinced myself i could do 1 more, so at least i would have 12 miles and would not feel so bad about my proposed meal. Again, i pressed on through another lap, this time, 5 minutes faster than the last. Now i was 1 lap away, and a short 2 mile jog, from 20 miles. So, i kept going, since i was already out here.

It hurt....but i did it! It was not a speed competition, but at least i got a run in. I hope things even out next week.

No comments:

My most recent run