Saturday, September 4, 2010

23 miles....OH YEAH!!!

I had an amazing run this morning, I ran out to brooklyn to pick up the last 13 miles of the NYC marathon course, except I left out going to the Bronx, because you know, now that I don't have to go to the Bronx for work, why would I voluntarily go? Anyway, it was great, I felt strong, and finished 22 miles in 2:15 (a 6:08 per mile pace) at the official marathon finish, plus I had 1 more mile to get home. If I had finished a full marathon today, I would have come in about 2:42 most likely. that's only 3 minutes off my best time, so I am thrilled with this workout. I finally feel like I am getting results from my training. I hope to have more fantastic runs ahead. It really helped to also be running the NYC course, and know that I have been there before. Awesome run!!

No comments:

My most recent run