Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Fresh Start

SO, I have changed around my website a little and am trying to get a fresh start on marathon training.  It has been a lackluster year of running, but not without good cause   A year ago this passed weekend, we visited Denver for the first time, in hopes of living there one today.  Today, we have been here over 2 months and are still getting settled and finding connections.  So, of course with moving there is a massive toll on training.  Also, Judah joined our family in November, which doubles Daddy duty, and, last August, hernia surgery knocked me out for a while.  All that to say, running-wise, its been a tough past 12 months.

The good news is that we are here in Denver, with wide open space and room to run, and now I am trying to find time to squeeze some in.  I'm the assistant XC coach at the high school here, so I have found time to get some runs in sometime.  Yesterday was a tough one.

We did 400 and 800 intervals, and my job was to pace our top guy.  While he is just a freshman, I have not done speed work in a long long time.  So, we did the following:

400m - 1:19
800m - 2:52
400m - 1:16
800m - 2:48
800m - 2:46
400m - 1:08

So, needless to say, i was winded, and tired. 68 for a 400 is stuff I ran in high school.  It was nice to know that I could still do this workout, and our top guy hung with me up until the last one.  It was a nice change of pace.

My goal is to find time to run at least 4 times a week right now and prepare for a spring marathon.......oh yeah, and actually keep up with my blog :)

No comments:

My most recent run