Sunday, April 17, 2011

Run for City Parks 4 mile race

I've had a tough past 3 weeks, and my milage has almost been non-existant. So, today's race, i wanted to just run a 23:00 for 4 miles, which is 5:45 per mile. I started off under control, roling through the first mile in 5:35, and covering mile 2 in 5:31. At this point, i was on pace eclipse my 4 mile PR by 10 seconds. But, mile 3 totally killed me (It is almost completely uphill) and i clocked a 6:14. I did, however, pull it together, and mustered a 5:39 for the final mile, finishing in a time of 22:59 and taking 13th place. This was good enough to earn me 2nd place in my age group. Hopefully this will jumpstart my running, and help me shake off this funk.

Run for City Parks 4 mile race by runandy at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

My most recent run