I still can't believe what happened, what a horrible and senseless act. For most, that is the highlight of their running career, and now, it will be a never forgotten nightmare. Thank you to all of you who checked in to make sure i was not running it this year. Very scary though, why i was not running. In the fall of 2011, I was getting ready to register for the 2012 Boston Marathon, only to find out it had sold out 3 weeks prior. I was so mad at this, and was determined to do Boston 2013. It was on my calender to register the next year. And I would have, except for the fact I got a job offer in Denver. So, knowing i wouldn't have the time to fly to Boston and knowing my training would not be that great, i decided not to enter.
I am so thankful or this turn of events. Had I not moved, I would have been there. And my family would have been cheering at the finish. Ashley had stood in the very spot of the blast years prior, cheering me on. It gives me chills thinking about it. Thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost their lives and those injured, doing what they love......
No comments:
Post a Comment